Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Halloween Wreaths
















Hey Everyone!! I have been working hard over the last few days to get as much done as possible before the baby comes. I have completed four Halloween wreaths along with several for Christmas(will save those for later). I took a picture of one of the wreaths I sprayed black next to one that was waiting to be sprayed. I bought 24" wreaths, that are very full, and it took around 5 cans of paint to completely cover them black. Then I had an idea for themes. One I did I called " Beware of Bling", one is "Bewitched", and the last is " All about Fall". The last wreath is actually done on a grapevine wreath.





"Beware of Bling" is all about sparkle and skulls. I added sequined and glittered picks (found in the Christmas section at any craft store). I also added some glittered skulls and signs. To top it off I glued Bling crystals on tips throughout the wreath. A cute bow at the end always makes a wreath complete.





"Bewitched" is designed completely around the smiling witch. I went with the bright orange and purple that just screams Halloween to me. The picks I used were again found in the Christmas section. Now a days you can find ANY color there, last year I even found black picks! I also took apart part of a Halloween Berry Garland and used some of the sprays to add extra color.





" All about Fall" really is just everything fall related. I added fall colored leaves and picks. I found yellow fern bushes that I took apart and spread around. Then I used a bag of small pumpkins to fill in and give it that extra touch. The hand painted signs just makes it something unique and gives it a detail that you can't get from a generic wreath in the store.










0 comments:

Post a Comment