Sunday, April 10, 2011

Fondant Cake Toppers

With my sons Camping themed party approaching I recently visited a cake shop to see about having a cute cake made for him. I was a little surprised by what they told me it would cost. Not including cake the small fondant animals I wanted were going to cost $25 each. So I decided to take a different approach. I am still purchasing a cake just an undecorated one. I am having someone from etsy make my fondant accents. I wanted to share some of what is available there in case you too are looking to have a cute cake without a whopper of a price tag. These farm animals above are available at TheLilDetails for $32.00 and would look so cute on a farm themed cake.
This is actually a cake topper and is only $15.95. CookieCovers makes this and these super cute pirates below. These are made for cupcakes and for $16.95 you get 12.
You can even find party packs like these fun lady bugs. KidsCakes makes lots of different themes and you get the cake topper, the cupcake toppers and even the wrappers for around $45.00
When I started looking on etsy there were almost 3000 listings for fondant toppers. There is something for every persons budget. Hopefully, this shows you a less expensive way to get a big impact at your next party!!

3 comments:

Lila said...

I did the same thing when I realized how expensive the cake could end up costing; I found an adorable dinosaur themed cake&cupcake topper package on Etsy for a great price!! Hubbers was MUCH happier!!! It's my first order and I am SO excited for it to get here!!!

Jami said...

Hi Jamie!
Thanks for the sweet words regarding my camping party! It was such fun! You have so many wonderful ideas here! Wishing you were my neighbor...we'd have a blast doing parties together! Thanks for stopping by!
smiles!
Jami

Kaci * Little Piles Everywhere said...

I just found your blog through Kara's Party Ideas. You have some great ideas! I love these fondant cake toppers...I am always amazed at what people come up with. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment