Saturday, April 2, 2011

Woodland Party Camp Badges & Bag

I am preparing for my oldest son's birthday party in April. As I do different projects for the party I am going to share them and then at the end of this month I will show the party pics of how it all came together. I am creating badges for every activity that the kids do. I have to make 8 different badges but these are the first two I created. I used my cricut to cut the circles and characters out. But, if you don't have a cricut you can also use a 1 1/2" punch for the outer circle and a 1" or 1 1/4" punch for the inner circle. Then use stickers that coordinate with your own activities. In case you are wondering the turtle badge is actually for turtle races. Something we did as kids and I thought was so much fun. You rope off or draw a large square and give each child a numbered turtle. The kids then walk to the center, sit their turtles down and then stand outside of the square. The first turtle out of the square wins.

I am making the goody bags out of canvas bags, green felt, brown burlap and letters. I plan to then put a piece of Velcro on the back of each badge and a piece of Velcro onto the bag. This way they can attach their badges as they complete their activities. You can also use wide ribbon or fabric to create sashes. However, I figured a party for mostly boys at the age of 6-7 wouldn't function well with them running around in sashes!:)
The bag, still a work in progress. Stay tuned to see how it all comes together!

1 comments:

Enchanted Expectations said...

Cute Bags and Badges. Can't wait to see how it all turns out

Post a Comment