Tuesday, March 8, 2011

1st Stages of Easter Decorating

I started unpacking and my beginning stages of decorating yesterday. It normally takes a few days for me to figure out where things look best. Also, with three small boys I have to figure out where I can put things that are out of reach or less tempting to grab. However, with every single holiday there are some of my decorations that get broke, go missing, or seem to lose pieces. With that said, if you are like me decorate with things that are pretty easy to replace. I have come to realize that there are just some things in my collections that will just have to stay boxed until my kids are a little older.
Yesterday I listed some of my favorite places to get affordable decorations. So, last night I made a quick trip to Hobby Lobby and picked up the Easter platter (pictured). It was originally $17.99 but was on sale yesterday for $10. This will be prefect for a tray of treats or cupcakes and looks great on my side bar. In my second picture I took my entry way planter and filled it with fern plants, robins egg nest, and metal painted eggs. With each holiday I change this planter out. For Christmas I filled it with ornamnets, etc. The last picture is one of my hallway cabinets that I added a little festiveness to by decorating it with an arrangent I made (all items for this came from Michaels), a few of my favorite bunnies, and for some extra spunk I added some paper pastel grass. Well I'm off to make my front door wreaths and decorate my formal dining room.







0 comments:

Post a Comment