Saturday, March 26, 2011

Splash of Color Party

I know when we have a party coming up the biggest question is always what's the theme going to be?! I've even come up with the theme and then couldn't locate any supplies to go with the party. So, after receiving some of my Round Top Collection order, that I am planning to use on an upcoming party, I thought about showing how easy and fun it would be to do a party all about COLOR!

I Created pinwheel cupcake toppers from tulle, lollipop sticks, pinwheels and raffia ribbon. The napkin rings are available at Hobby Lobby (a 4 pack for $5). These can be a DIY project. 1) Curl grosgrain ribbon by wrapping it around a small dowel rod and then baking it in the oven for 10-20 min. 2) Cut approx 6-8 different color ribbons into 4 in strips. 3) Tie in the middle and attach to a metal napkin ring. PS...Yes, I've actually done this project! It's not just a crazy idea. Spraying the ribbon with spray starch will also help to really hold the curl! :)


I added a fun fabric flower to the center of each pinwheel just to make it stand out a little.



All the metal Party Decorations are from the Round Top Collection. I order an extra set of each to do in an upcoming give-away that I am very excited about. Look for ways to enter in two weeks!!


If you want to create your own splash of color cake check out this cake from http://www.hostessblog.com/. She gives step by step instructions on how to create your own.



I thought these Pom-Poms would add so much color and whimsy to a party. Look to my last blog on where to find step by step instructions on how to create these from nothing more than tissue paper! You can also find these available on etsy for sale.



I'm blogging from the road this week so bare with me! I'm very excited about all the upcoming projects in the next few weeks and can't wait to share them with you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment